Exclusive resources when looking to buy
When you want to buy a property, your real estate broker will assist you throughout each step of the process, up until the documents are signed at the notary’s office:
- Initially, your broker uses the power of Centris® to target which properties for sale are right for you. Centris® is a much more comprehensive database than the centris.ca public site and is reserved for the exclusive use of real estate brokers.
- Your broker then accompanies you when visiting properties to provide an objective point of view when analyzing the property’s features.
- You will then receive help in preparing the promise to purchase and will represent you during the negotiations, a delicate task where the help of a seasoned professional is indispensable. Your real estate broker is an expert in the field!
Whether it is financing, building inspections or legal aspects, your broker will guide you through the entire process.
Centris®, A Powerful Database
By using the services of a broker to find the property of your dreams, you benefit from Centris®, a system exclusive to real estate brokers. Centris® is the most comprehensive and up-to-date database for real estate transactions. It includes information that is not available on the centris.ca public site, in fact, five times more information. Centris® provides your broker with data such as:
- property’s year of construction;
- asking price;
- selling price;
- property value based on precise criteria;
- sales history for information on how a property has evolved in the market over several years.
Your broker can use Centris® to find properties that exactly match your purchase requirements. The search can be filtered by price, by neighborhood or by features (fireplace, number of rooms and bathrooms, swimming pool, etc.). Your broker can also send you information on recently sold properties to help you make an informed choice.
The real estate broker also uses Centris® to help clients determine the best value for their property.
The Centris® system is therefore a key tool for real estate brokers who are members of a real estate board. It promotes collaboration among competing members through regulations, policies and regulatory mechanisms.
As soon as a property is listed in the Centris® system, it can be viewed by all real estate brokers who are members of a real estate board, in other words, by up to almost 13,000 professionals. If the property is what a buyer is looking for, the buyer’s broker will then make an appointment with the listing broker to visit it and eventually complete the transaction.
With the Centris® system, brokers who are members of a board can skilfully manage your real estate transaction.